Mixed Dal Sweet corn Cabbage Vada is a protein rich Yummy snack.
This Vadai/Vada contains all the dals and sweet corn so Kids will love this healthy snack.
My MIL prepared this vadai with Channa dal, and we all loved the vadais and could never guess that it was made with out onions. I tried the same recipe with mixed dals and it turned out to be a great evening snack. Thes vadais goes well with Tomato ketchup and Hot tea.
Ingredients: Serves 7-8 vadais
- 2 tbsp Channa dal
- 2 tbsp Toor dal
- 2 tbsp Urad dal
- 2 tbsp Masoor dal
- 2 tbsp Moong dal
- 1/2 Sweet corn cob
- 1/4 cup Cabbage (Finley chopped)
- 2 Red chillies
- 1 Green chilli (Finely chopped)
- 1/2 inch length Ginger (Skin peeled and finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- A spring Curry leaves (Finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves (Finely chopped)
- As per taste Salt
- For Frying Oil
1) Wash and soak the dals for 1 hour. Meantime steam the Sweet corn cob till soft and set aside to cool down. After it cools, scrap off the corn kernels using a knife.
2) Now drain water from dals and set aside. Take a mixer and first grind the red chillies to coarse mixture. Next add the dals and give 1 or 2 pulse to get coarse mixture. No need to add water and also don't grind to smooth paste.
3) Add Ginger, Green chillies, Cabbage, Corn kernels, Coriander leaves, Curry leaves, salt, Hing and mix well.
4) Heat oil in kadai, in mean time take a small portion of vadai mixture and make a tight ball. Transfer it to the other palm and press it form a vadai shape.
5) Now drop this vadai in hot oil and leave it to get cooked in medium flame. You can cook the vadais in batches of 2 or 3.
6) After one side is cooked flip it around to cook the other side. Once they are cooked completely, take the vadai out of oil and drop on paper napkins to remove excess oil.
7) Repeat the same for rest of the Vadai mixture.
Yummy protein rich Mixed Dal Sweet corn Cabbage vadais are ready...
1) As we are adding sweet corn, sometimes you might get mild crackling sound but it will not be a problem.
2) If you want Masal vadai taste, you can add 2 tsp of Fennel seeds.