The famous street food Pani puri/Golgappas are my favourite Chaat.
You can see these pani puris sold on roadside food carts in each and every corner. The roadside vendor will give us a leaf bowl then serve the pani puris one by one. He gently breaks the upper part of puri stuff spiced potato and dip them in spicy tangy water and place the puri in our leaf bowl. After we finish one he will place another. Many would love this yummy street food and much few puris on the go.
Ingredients: Serves 2-3
- 10 Puris
- 1 Potato
- 1 Onion (Finely chopped)
- As required Green chutney
- As required Sweet chutney
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Chat masala
- A pinch Roasted Cumin powder
- A pinch Red chilli powder
- A pinch Amchur powder
- A pinch Black Salt
1) Boil potato, after it cools remove the skin and mash it.
2) Add Chat masala, Roasted cumin powder, Red chilli powder, Amchur powder, Black Salt and mix well.
3) Add Green chutney, Sweet chutney, Salt, Sugar to 2 cups of water and mix well.
4) Now take a puri and gently press on top to make a hole. Stuff with a tsp of spiced potato, few onions and serve with pani in a separate bowl.
The speciality about these chaats are altering ingredients according to our taste, here are the few..
1) You can also add sevs or steamed green gram or steamed black channa along with other stuffing for puri.
2) According to taste you can add a tsp of sweet chutney to pani puri and skip adding in pani. You can also skip sweet chutney completely if you prefer spicy taste.
3) Instead of mixing both chutneys in pani, you can keep the sweet chutney mixed water in separate bowl and green chutney water in separate bowl.