This Capsicum dry curry/Capsicum podi fry is a tasty poriyal prepared with Capsicum/Bell pepers and it goes well with almost all South Indian rice varieties
I have never thought about capsicum poriyal until my cousin prepared this poriyal. When I tasted this poriyal, really loved the flavour of capsicum. Here is the recipe for you all....give it a try and I am sure you will make this curry often.
Ingredients: Serves 2-3
- 3 Green capsicum/bell peppers (De-seeded and chopped as cubes)
- 2-3 tbsp Curry powder
- 1/4 tsp Powdered Jaggery (optional)
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Channa dal
- 1/2 tsp Urad dal
- A pinch Asafoetida/Hing
- 1 ladle oil
1) Heat oil in a kadai and add Mustard seeds to crackle. Next add Channa dal and Urad dal, fry till light brown.
2) Add Hing and give a quick mix. Now add Capsicum, Salt and mix well. Leave it to get cooked in medium flame till it gets shrink to half in size. Don't add water to cook capsicums, leave it to get cooked only in Oil.
3) Add Jaggery, Curry powder and mix well. Switch off the flame after 1 min.
Tasty Capsicum podi fry is ready.