This Sirukeerai masiyal is a tasty and healthy masiyal that goes well with Rice.
Unlike other keerais/greens, siru keerai takes more time in removing the leaf part from stem, but it is worth it for the immerse health benefits. Many prefers to cook Palak alone neglecting the other greens, we should cook all keerais to get the other nutrients as well.
- 1 Bunch Sirukeerai
- 10-12 Sambar onions/Shallots
- 1 Tomato (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic pods
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 2 Red chillies (Broken as halves)
1) Remove the leaves from stem, wash and clean the keerais and set aside.
2) Heat oil in a kadai and add Shallots, Garlic and fry. Next add tomatoes and fry till they turn mushy.
3) Add Sirukeerai and sauté them. The keerais will get shrink, at this stage leave it to cool down.
4) Add Salt and Grind the keerais and transfer it to a bowl.
5) Heat 2 tsp of ghee in a kadai and add Cumin seeds to crackle. Next add urad dal and red chillies, fry till dals turn light brown.
6) Pour this seasoning mixture on keerai and mix well.
Tasty sirukeerai masiyal is ready.