Corn Rice and Curd rice for Lunch box is a tasty and easy to prepare recipe in busy mornings.
This Corn rice and Curd rice can be packed along with chips or appalam or vadam as per kids choice. Also I have kept vadu manga pickle for Curd rice. This recipe will suit for kids who are attending full day school also for adults going to college or office.
Corn Rice: (Serves 2 members)
- 1 Sweet corn cob
- 1 Medium size Onion (Finely chopped)
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- 1 tbsp Broken Cashews
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp ghee
- As per taste Salt
1) Cook the American sweet corn till soft and set aside. After it cools remove the corn kernels.
2) Heat ghee in a kadai and add Mustard seeds to crackle. Then add cumin seeds to crackle next add Cashews and fry till light brown.
3) Add Onions and fry till light brown. Next add corn kernels and give a quick mix. Add Salt and pepper powder and mix well.
4) Finally add Cooked rice and mix well.
Tasty Corn Rice is ready for Lunch box.
For Curd Rice recipe, click here.
1) If you want a spicy Corn Rice, you can also add 1 finely chopped green chilli instead of pepper powder while frying onions.
2) At final stage, garnishing with finely chopped coriander leaves gives a nice flavour.
3) You can also skip onions if you want to prepare this recipe as NO Onion NO Garlic recipe.
4) Ghee can be replaced with butter or cooking oil according to your taste for Corn Rice.
5) I have used Parboiled ponni rice, you can also use Raw rice or basmati rice according to your choice. But make sure that rice is cooked as separate grains and cooled completely before adding to corn mixture.
6) I have prepared a plain curd rice along with Vadu manga pickle. You can do seasoning and add veggies according to your kids taste.