This Mooli Gajar paratha is a tasty nutritious paratha that goes well with Curd and Achar.
Ingredients for stuffing:
- 2 Mooli/Radish (Skin peeled and grated)
- 1 Gajar/ Carrot (Grated)
- 1 Green Chilli (Finely Chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp Kasuri methi/Dried Fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves (Finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Oil
- As per taste Salt
Ingredients for dough:
- 4 cups Atta flour/wheat flour
- 2 tsp Oil
1) Mix grated Mooli and Gajar, squeeze out excess water. Add this squeezed water to Wheat flour along with salt and 1 tsp Oil. Knead this dough by adding enough water and leave it to rest for some time.
2) Heat 2 tsp Oil in a Kadai/Pan and add Cumin seeds to crackle. Next add the grated Mooli-Gajar and mix well.
3) Add Garam masala, Kasuri methi, Green chillies, Salt and coriander leaves, mix well and leave it to cook for few minutes so that extra water content leaves the mixture. Then leave it to cool.
4) Make equal size balls of the Mooli-Gajar stuffing and keep aside. Same way, make equal size balls of Roti dough.
5) Take a rolling board and roll one roti dough half way and keep aside. Now roll another roti dough half way and spread one stuffing inside. Now close this stuffing with already rolled roti dough and press it gently.
6) Seal the edges tightly so that the stuffing doesn't come out while rolling the paratha.
9) Start rolling this stuffed dough carefully by dusting Atta/Wheat flour when required.
10) Heat Roti tawa in medium flame and and put this paratha to cook in medium flame.
11) Flip it around when small bubbles show up. After the other side is also half cooked, drizzle oil on both the sides and cook completely.
Tasty Mooli Gajar Paratha is ready
1) You can also add 1 finely chopped onion to the stuffing. You can add it after cumin seeds and fry till light brown then add Mooli-Gajar mixture.