Maa Inji Oorugai/Mango Ginger Pickle is a tasty pickle prepared by cooking Mango Ginger in Tamarind Juice.
This is a Katta meetta pickle that goes well with Curd rice and Parathas. I have already posted Easy Mango Ginger pickle with absolutely no Oil.
- 250 gms Mango ginger/Maa inji
- A small piece Asafoetida/Hing
- A Lemon size Tamarind
- 1 tbsp Jaggery
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek powder
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup Sesame Oil
- As per taste Salt
1) Wash and peel the outer skin of Mango ginger/Maa inji. Chop the Maa inji into small pieces. Soak Tamarind in warm water and squeeze out the paste from pulp.
2) Heat oil in a kadai and add Mustard seeds to crackle then add Asafoetida/Hing.
3) After Hing gets roasted, add Mango ginger and mix well. Next add Turmeric powder, Red chilli powder and mix well.
4) Add Salt, Tamarind paste and leave it to get cooked till oil oozes from sides.
5) Finally add Fenugreek powder and jaggery, mix well and switch off the flame after 2 minutes.
Tasty Maa inji pickle is ready.
1) If you don't have fenugreek powder, you can separately roast 1/2 tsp of fenugreek with Hing, powder it and add. In this case, you can skip adding hing at step 2.