Methi Paratha is a healthy dish that can be prepared quickly. Methi Leaves (dried or fresh) gives nice aroma and taste to any dish that we add. Methi plants can be easily grown in our garden also an interesting news is that India is the Largest producer of Fenugreek (source wiki).
- 1 small Bunch or 1 Cup Fresh Methi leaves (Remove from stem part)
- 2 cups Wheat flour
- 1 Green chilli (Finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Oil (For dough)
- As required Water
- As required Salt
1) Wash and clean the leaves then leave it to dry. After it dries, chop them finely and keep aside.
2) In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, Green chillies, Methi leaves, Red chilli powder, Oil and Salt, mix them well.
3) Add water and make a smooth dough like how you make Roti dough. Make equal size balls and keep aside.
4) Take a rolling board and roll one ball to form a circle by dusting flour when required.
5) Heat the tawa and drop this paratha. After one side is half cooked, flip it around and leave it to cook.
6) Drizzle oil around the paratha and apply on top of paratha. Leave it cook then flip around to cook completely.
7) After paratha is cooked both sides, remove it from Tawa. Do the same for rest of the dough balls.
Tasty and Healthy Methis parathas are ready to be served with Curd and Achar (Pickle).
1) While making the dough, you can add warm water or left over whey water (when you make panner).