White channa sundal/Kondalkadalai sundal is a tasty and protein rich sundal. This Kondakadalai sundal is one of the Navrathri special Sundal recipe.
- 1 Cup White Channa/Kabuli Channa/Kondakadalai
- 1/4 Cup Grated Coconut
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Red chillies
- A Pinch Asafoetida/Hing
- A spring Curry leaves
- 2 tsp Oil
1) Soak white Channa overnight and next day drain the water completely and add 1/2 cup of fresh water. Now pressure cook for 4-5 whistles or until soft. After it cools, drain water from channa and keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds to crackle. After it crackles, add Asafoetida, red chillies and curry leaves, fry them.
3) Add cooked Channa, Salt and Grated coconut, mix well and switch off the flame.
Tasty Channa sundal is ready
1) If you want this Sundal little spicy try adding 1 tsp of Curry powder with grated coconut
or you can also add 1/2 finely chopped green chilli while seasoning.
2) Garnishing sundal with finely chopped Coriander leaves gives nice flavour.