Yellow Pumpkin Halwa is a delicious dessert made with pureed Yellow pumkin.
For more dessert recipes, click here.
- 500 gms Yellow pumpkin/Parangikai
- 1 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 10-15 Cashews
- 1 cup Ghee
1) Remove the seeds and thread part from Yellow pumpkin then peel the outer skin.
2) Chop them as cubes and add water. Let it boil till the Pumpkin gets cooked.
3) Drain the water from Pumpkin and mash it well with a potato masher. Alternatively, you can give a pulse in mixer too.
4) Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a kadai/Pan, add Pumpkin puree and fry.
5) Add milk and leave the puree to get cooked in milk.
6) After milk is absorbed by Pumpkin add Sugar and mix well. When you add sugar it will dilute the halwa, so leave it to cook few more minutes.
7) Add Cardamom powder and mix well, also occasional stirring is needed to avoid getting burnt.
8) When Halwa starts to thicken, heat ghee in another kadai and add Cashews to fry. After cashews turn light brown add it to halwa and mix well.
9) Add rest of the ghee and keep stirring continuously till Halwa comes off from sides.
Tasty Parangikai/Yellow Pumkin Halwa is ready.
1) In step 4, you can roast the cashews first and keep aside to add later , then use the same kadai/pan to start with Halwa preparation. If you do this way, avoid Step 8.
2) Ghee is an important ingredient for all the Halwas. Your Halwa might lose its deliciousness if you compromise on amount of ghee that you add.