Rajma/Red Kidney beans Sundal is a tasty and protein rich sundal.
- 1 Cup Rajma/Red kidney beans
- As per taste Salt
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 small piece ginger
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Mustrad seeds
- 2 Red chillies
- A small piece Asafoetida/Hing
- A spring Curry leaves
- 2 tsp Oil
1) Soak Rajma overnight and next day pressure cook rajma with enough water. Rajma needs to be cooked soft. Drain water from Rajma and keep aside.
2) Grind the ingredients given in "For Grinding" to coarse mixture.
3) Heat oil in a kadai and add Mustard seeds to crackle.
4) After it crackles add rest of the ingredients give in "For Seasoning" and fry.
5) Add cooked Rajma and salt, mix them well.
6) Now add ground mixture, mix well and switch off the flame.
Tasty Sundal is ready.
1) You can also add 1 finely chopped onion while seasoning. Skip onions if you are making this sundal for Navrathri Neivedhyam.
2) You can also add 2 tsp of Curry powder for enhanced taste.