This Inji thogayal/Ginger thuvayal is good for digestion. Mix this thogayal with Hot rice and enjoy it.
- 1 cup Ginger (Skin peeled and Chopped as big pieces)
- 2 tsp Channa dal
- 2 tbsp Urad dal
- 1 cup Coriander leaves
- A spring Curry leaves
- 2 Red chillies
- A small piece Asafoetida/Hing
- 1/2 gooseberry size Tamarind
- 1 tsp Jaggery (powdered)
- 1/2tsp Oil
- As per taste Salt
1) Heat oil in a kadai and add Asafoetida and Red chillies, fry till Asafoetida gets roasted.
2) Add Channa dal , Urad dal and saute them till light brown.
3) Let it cool down, then transfer to mixer also add Tamarind, Salt and Jaggery. Grind it to coarse mixture.
4) Add Ginger pieces and grind it.
5) Finally add Coriander leaves, Curry leaves and grind to thogayal consistency.
Tasty and healthy Inji thogayal is ready.
1) You can also fry Curry leaves along with channa dal and grind, if you don't prefer adding fresh leaves.