Gobi paratha is one of the tasty parathas in which grated Cauliflower along with spices is stuffed inside wheat flour dough and cooked. Gobi/Cauliflower is low in fat and carbohydrates but high in ditary fibre, folate, water and vitamin c.
Ingredients for Gobi stuffing:
- 1 Cauliflower/Gobi
- 2 Green Chillies (Finely Chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Amchur powder
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- A pinch Asafoetida/Hing
- 1 tbsp Oil
- As per taste Salt
- 4 cups Atta flour/wheat flour
- 2 tsp Oil
1) Add Salt to Atta and mix well. Now add oil and warm water to Atta and start mixing, then knead it to a soft dough by adding water. Cover the dough to rest for half an hour.
2) Meantime, chop Cauliflower into medium size florets. Heat water in a bowl and add 1/2 tsp Salt to it. Switch off the flame and drop these Cauliflower florets in Hot water to stay for 15 minutes.
3) After 15 minutes, drain water and spread these florets on kitchen towel to dry for few minutes.
4) Now grate the cauliflower and keep aside.
5) Heat oil in a kadai and add Cumin seeds to splutter then add grated Cauliflower and fry.
6) Now add all the spice powders (Garam masala, Rad chilli powder, Turmeric powder, Amchur powder and Hing) and Salt. Mix them well. Switch off the flame and add green chillies and mix again.
7) Make equal size balls of the Gobi stuffing and keep aside. Same way, make equal size balls of Roti dough.
8) Take a rolling board and roll one roti dough half way. Now keep the stuffing inside and close the roti dough and press it gently.
9) Start rolling this stuffed dough carefully by dusting atta when required.
10) Heat Roti tawa in medium flame and and put this paratha to cook in medium flame.
11) Flip it around when small bubbles show up. After the other side is also half cooked, drizzle oil on both the sides and cook completely.
Tasty Gobi Parathas are ready.
1) If you want to add onion to this paratha. You can add 2 finely chopped onions. in step 5 after crackling Cumin seeds and fry. After they turn light brown, add grated Gobi and continue with rest of the steps.