Small Amla/Arai nellikai/Ari nellikai is one of the variety of Amla/Indian Gooseberry which is smaller in size comparing to Normal ones and has star shape.
This Arainellikai urugai is a tasty pickle that goes well with Curd rice.
- 1 cup Arainellikai/Small Amla
- 2 Green chillies (Slit length wise)
- 3-4 Garlic pods (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp (or a Small piece) Hing/Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil/Nallennai
1) Wash and clean the Small Amla (Arabnellikai) and remove stalk portion if any. Then leave it to dry by spreading on a kitchen towel.
2) Heat oil in a kadai/Pan, add Mustard seeds to crackle. Then add Hing to get roasted in oil.
3) Now add Aranellikai, Green chillies and Garlic, fry till they get cooked in oil.
4) Add Salt, Fenugreek powder, Turmeric powder, Red chilli powder and mix well.
Tasty Aranellikai urugai is ready.