Vendakka Thayir pachadi is a good combination for Sambar Rice. Crispy vendakkas are mixed with curd to make this tasty dish.
When I was surfing to find the origin of Okra/Lady's finger, it was interesting to find that it originated around Ethiopia and cultivated by Egyptians in 12th Century BC. The seeds of Lady's finger were toasted and ground, then used as a substitute for coffee.
Okay coming to our simple ans tasty recipe
- 250 gms Vendakka (Bhindi/Lady's finger)
- 1 Cup Curd
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Oil
- As per taste Salt
Wash and wipe the Vendakka and it needs to be completely dry. Trim the edges and chop them as small pieces.
1) Heat oil in a kadai and add Mustard seeds to crackle.
2) Add Chopped Vendakka and fry till they become crispy.
3) Whisk the curd by adding salt.
4) Add this fried Vendakka to curd and mix well.
Tasty Vendakka thayir pachadi is ready.