Mooli Paratha/ Radish paratha is a tasty and healthy paratha. Do you know the colour of first radish and how the word Radish came??? First appeared Radish was Black in colour and this Radish word came from the Latin word Radix which means Root ...Interesting isn't it?
Another interesting fact from History is that Radish is being fed to Egyptians building Pyramids.
Ingredients for Stuffing:
- 2 Radish (skin peeled and grated)
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 Green chilli (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- As per taste Salt
- 3 cups Atta flour/wheat flour
- 2 tsp Oil
1) Add 1/2 tsp salt to grated Radish and mix well. Let it rest for 15 mins.
2) After 15 mins, take small ball of grated Radish and squeeze well. Similarly do it for entire grated Radish.
3) Add Oil, Salt (make sure to add less as we have already added to Radish) and Atta flour to squeezed water and knead well. You can add more water if you require. The dough should be like roti dough and should not be loose or stiff as stuffing might come out easily.
4) Close the kneaded dough with a lid to rest for few mins.
6) Mix them well and make small balls of equal size and keep aside. Same way make equal size balls of roti dough.
7) Take the rolling board and roll one roti dough to half way. Keep the stuffing and close it. Seal the ends completely so that the stuffing is not seen out.
8) Press the paratha gently, dust some atta flour and roll it with a rolling pin.
9) Heat a roti pan and put this paratha to cook in medium flame. Flip it around when small bubbles show up.
10) After the other side of paratha is half cooked, drizzle oil on both the sides and cook completely.
1) If you want spicy paratha, add 1 tsp of Red chilli powder to Radish mixture.