Pineapple Rasam is a preferred one in South Indian Marriages. Here is the short cut method to make this pineapple rasam.
- 1 Cup Pineapple pieces (skin peeled and chopped as small pieces)
- 1 Tomato (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Rasam powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 spring curry leaves (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp Jaggery
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
1) Take 1/2 cup of pineapple pieces and grind it to smooth paste using mixer and keep aside. Next add tomatoes to water and let it boil till they get cooked.
2) Next add Pineapple paste, Rasam powder, Asafoetida and Salt. Let it boil in medium flame till nice aroma arises.
3) Then add enough water, coriander and curry leaves, leave it till froth comes.
4) Switch off the flame and add remaining chopped pineapple pieces and Jaggery.
5) Heat ghee in a kadai and crackle mustard seeds. Pour this seasoning mixture over Rasam.
Tasty Pineapple Rasam is ready.
1) You can also add 1/2 tsp Of Jeera and 1 Red chilli while seasoning.