Mochai sundal is one among the sundal varieties which is prepared during Navarathri festival.
I have used the dried beans to prepare this sundal, if you get the fresh ones don't forget to try the Karnataka special Hitkida Avarekalu and Avarekalu Huli.
- 1 cup dried Mochai/Field Beans
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 2 tbsp Grated coconut
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- Few Curry leaves
- 2 tsp Oil
1) Soak Mochai overnight.
2) Next day, drain the water from Mochai. Add fresh water and pressure cook mochai for 3-4 whistles.
3) After it cools, drain water from cooked Mochai and keep aside.
4) Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds to crackle.
5) Then add Asafoetida, curry leaves and fry.
6) Now add cooked mochai and salt. Mix well.
7) Add curry powder and grated coconut to mochai. Fry for a min and switch off the flame.
Tasty sundal is ready.