This is an easy chutney and goes well with Idli and Dosa. I have prepared this chutney with coconut.
- 2 Onions
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 tsp Jaggery
- As per taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- Few Curry leaves
- 2 tsp +1 tsp Oil
1) Heat 2 tsp of Oil in a kadai and add onions and Green chillies. Fry till onions become light brown.
2) Add tomatoes and fry till they get cooked and becomes mushy.
3) Add Coriander leaves and salt to this Onion tomato mixture and fry for a minute and switch off the flame.
4) Let this mixture to cool down then grind this mixture by adding jaggery and coconut.
5) Heat oil in a kadai and crackle mustard seeds. Switch off the flame and add curry leaves and sauté them as heat of kadai is enough for curry leaves to get cooked.
6) Pour this seasoning mixture over ground chutney and mix well.
Tasty chutney is ready.
If you refrigerate this chutney, it will come for two days.
For more side dish varieties, click here.