Beans paruppu usili is a tasty stir fry made of Beans and Dals. It goes well with Morkuzhambu.
2 cups Beans (chopped)
1 cup Paruppu usili*
1 tsp Oil
As per taste salt.
* Paruppu Usili: There are two methods in preparing paruppu usili. I have posted both the methods in a separate post. Please click here to see the recipe of how to prepare paruppu usili
1) Heat oil in a kadai and add beans to it. Fry for few minutes in low flame, then add few water and salt to cook it.
2) Close the kadai with a lid and cook in medium flame.
3) After beans gets cooked, add the paruppu usili and mix well. Make sure to check whether all water is used up before adding paruppu usili , as even little water makes the paruppu usili mushy.
4) Fry for few minutes and switch off the flame.
Tasty Beans paruppu usili is ready
1) Another method is: Instead of a frying in kadai, you can add water and salt to beans in a separate bowl and cook it. Then drain the water and add to paruppu usili.
2) Alternatively you can pressure cook beans with salt for 1 whistle. Drain the water and add the beans to paruppu usili. This method saves time.
1) You can also season with mustard seeds and urad dal to beans.