Baby potato (small potato) curry is a tasty curry and can be made easily too. Try this crispy small potato fry with Sambar sadam, its an excellent combo.
- 30 nos Baby potato/small potato
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric powder
- A pich Asafoetida/Hing
- As per taste Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
1) Pressure cook potatoes with skin for 2-3 whistles. Peel off the skin and keep aside. If you find some potatoes little bigger in size, chop them into two pieces.
2) Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard and cumin seeds to crackle.
3) Keep the flame in low and add Asafoetida, chilli powder and turmeric powder.
4) Add potatoes and salt, mix well.
5) Let it get roasted in medium flame.
6) Once potatoes get crispy switch off the flame and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Yummy small potato curry is ready
1) You can also add 1/2 tsp of gram flour while adding potatoes to enhance the crispiness.