This vegetable rice is made with out Onion and Garlic. It is less spicy and goes well with tomato sauce or any spicy side dish. It is best suited for lunch box as it can be prepared quickly and full of veggies.
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- As per taste Salt
Whole Spices to add:
- 2 medium size Potato (skin peeled and sliced vertically)
- 1 Capsicum (sliced vertically)
- 1 Carrot (sliced vertically)
- 10 beans (cut into 1 inch length)
- 1 cup Cabbage (Chopped thinly )
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn kernels
- 2 Green chillies (slit vertically)
1) Wash and clean the rice and add 3 cups of water and few drops of oil. Soak it for 30-40 mins then cook it. I have cooked using electric rice cooker. If you are using pressure cooker, pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
2) After it is cooked, add a tsp of oil and fluff it with a fork. Heat butter in a kadai and add the whole spices, fry till nice aroma arises.
3) Add the chopped veggies except Green chillies and fry for few mins. Then add Green chillies and fry for few more mins.
4) Sprinkle some water and close it with a lid to cook the veggies in low flame for 2 mins. It might get burnt at this stage if you keep it in high flame.
5) Add salt and chilli powder to veggies and mix well.
6) Add rice to this mixture and mix well smoothly as the rice might tend to break easily.
Tasty vegetable rice is ready to be served.
1) Instead of butter you can also use oil if you are diet conscious.
2) Chilli powder can also be substituted with pepper powder.