Karamani beans also called as Yardlong bean is rich in vitamins A and C. This poriyal goes well with Sambar Rice and easy to make as well. But make sure to buy tender ones for better taste.
- 2 cups chopped Karamani beans (wash and trim edges before chopping)
- A pinch Turmeric powder
- As per taste Salt
- 2 tbsp grated Coconut
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 2 tsp oil
- A pinch Asafoetida/Hing
1) Heat oil in a kadai, temper Mustard seeds, Hing and Urad dal.
2) Add chopped Karamani beans and sauté for a second.
3) Now pour 1/4 cup of water, then add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
4) Cover the kadai to cook in medium or low flame.
5) After 10 mins check whether the beans are cooked and if it is not cooked sprinkle few water to cook again.
6) Once they are done, add grated coconut and mix well. Switch off the flame after adding coconut.