When you have cold you wont feel like eating anything, try this easy Rasam. It takes less time to cook and so good to drink.
- 1 Lemon size Tamarind (or ready made tamarind paste)
- 2 tsp Pepper Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Rasam powder
- 1 tbsp Chopped curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp Ghee
- As per taste Salt
1) Make tamarind paste and dilute it by adding 1 cup water.
2) Add Asafoetida, salt, and Rasam powder and boil.
3) After 2 mins, dilute the rasam with more water and add Pepper-Cumin powder, salt, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
4) Switch off the flame when froth comes and add ghee.
Rasam is ready to serve.
How to make Tamarind paste: Soak tamarind in hot water and leave it for 10 mins to cool down and then make a thick paste. Strain this thick paste and add some more water to left over to make a dilute paste.
If you haven't prepared this Pepper Cumin powder, you can add the ready made (1 tsp) pepper powder and (1 tsp) cumin powder that you get from stores.