|Thooyamalli Rice Dosa|
Thooyamalli Rice is one of the idegineous rice variety which lost its value after green revolution. It is a wonderful rice with loads of nutritional benefits. I have tried Thooyamalli rice dosa which is much healthier comparing to normal dosas.
Interesting facts are hidden behind this picture, click on the Thyoomalli rice picture to know more.
- 2 Cups Thooyamalli Rice
- 1/2 cup Urad dal/Ulundhu
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds/Vendhayam
- 1 tbsp Channa dal/Kadalai paruppu
- As required Salt
1) Wash and soak the Rice, Urad dal, Fenugreek seeds and Channa dal for 3-4 hours.
2) Grind them to smooth batter.
3) Leave the thooyamalli rice batter overnight to ferment.
4) Next day, your batter is ready. Take required amount of batter and add enough water to get Dosa batter consistency.
5) Heat a dosa tawa, drizzle some oil and spread it. Take a ladle full of batter and spread it in circular motion.
6) Drizzle few more oil on sides and close it with a lid to cook in medium flame.
7) Dosa turns golden brown and ready to be served. Do the same with remaining batter and enjoy your thooyamalli rice dosas with your favourite side dish.
1) I always prefer Iron dosa tawa to make dosa. If you are interested to know more on how to use Iron utensils, click here.
Detailed video of how to make Dosa: