Coconut Chutney is a famous South Indian side dish for Breakfast recipes like Idli, dosa, pongal.
- 1 cup Grated Coconut
- 2 tbsp Roasted channa dal/Pottukadalai
- 2 small Green chillies (alter according to spice level)
- 1/2 inch Ginger (Skin peeled and chopped)
- A pinch Sugar
- As per taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp whole Urad dal
- A spring Curry leaves
- 2 tsp Oil
1) Grind all the Ingredients together (Coconut, Roasted Channa dal, Green chillies, Ginger, Salt, Sugar) to smooth paste by adding little water. Transfer this chutney to a bowl.
2) Heat oil in a kadai and add Mustard Seeds to crackle. Then add Urad dal and fry till light brown. Finally add Curry leaves and switch off the flame.
3) Pour this Seasoning mixture on top of Coconut chutney and mix well.
Tasty Hotel style Coconut chutney is ready to pair Idli, dosa, pongal and all Breakfast items.
1) You can grind 2 tbsp coriander leaves along with coconut for extra coriander flavour and also gives light greenish tinge.
2) You can avoid ginger if you don't like the flavour.
3) While seasoning you can also add 1 broken Red chilli.
4) For extra coconut flavour, you can use Coconut oil instead of any refined oil for Seasoning.