Yummy Panakarkandu payasam is easy to prepare and healthy as well.
I always prefer Panakarkandu/Palm candy as a healthy alternative for Sugar and so this idea of making payasam strike my mind, to my surprise it came out so well and we all loved it.
- 1 Litre Milk
- 2 tbsp Panakarkandu/Palm candy (Adjust the quantity according to your taste)
- A pinch Saffron
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp Silvered Almonds
1) Boil the milk in low flame till it reaches half of its quantity with occasional stirring.
2) Grind the Panakarkandu in mixer to make it a powder (I have shown candy form in picture for a clear understanding).
3) Now add Panakarkandu and mix well. Leave it to boil in low flame for few more minutes so that the karkandu gets dissolved completely.
4) Add Cardamom powder and Saffron, give a quick stir.
5) Finally add Silvered Almonds and switch off the flame.
Yummy Panakarkandu payasam is ready