|Vallarai Keerai Pachadi/Raita|
Vallarai Keerai/Brahmi is not so popular herb which boosts our memory power. This Vallarai Keerai Pachadi is so tasty and also is a better way to make your kids consume this memory booster.
You can also make chutney, podi's with this Vallarai Keerai which I will post soon. As a first attempt, I wanted to prepare a dish that should not get that "no no" sign from my family members. As I expected, the results were positive and all of us loved this raita.
Try it at your home and ask your family members to guess what raita is this. But don't forget to prepare their favourite Pizzas for dinner as a compliment for eating something healthy. Would you love to explore few pizza recipes, then click here
Are you interested to know more about this medicinal Herb, then click on this picture
- 2 small bunches Vallarai Keerai
- 1/4 cup Grated Coconut
- 2 Green chillies(alter according to spice level)
- 1 inch Ginger (skin peeled and chopped roughly)
- As needed Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- A pinch Hing
- 2 Red chillies (broken)
- A spring Curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp +2 tsp Oil
1) Wash and clean the Vallarai keerai and remove the roots part.
2) Heat a iron kadai/wok with 1/4 tsp of oil, drop the cleaned Vallarai keerais.
3) Saute the greens for few seconds, after they shrink in size transfer it to a small bowl and leave it to cool down.
4) Meanwhile, take the curd in a bowl and whisk in sugar and salt.
5) After the greens are cooled, grind along with grated coconut, green chilli and ginger to a coarse mixture.
6) Transfer the ground vallarai mixture to curd and whisk again.
7) Heat 2 tsp of oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds to crackle. I have used the same kadai which I used to saute the greens.
8) Next add cumin seeds to crackle.
9) Add a pinch of hing, red chillies and curry leaves and fry once and switch off the flame.
10) Pour this seasoning mixture on top of the Vallarai raita.
Healthy and tasty Vallarai keerai pachadi/Raita is ready.
1) You can always skip the green chillies if you don't want this raita to be spicy.
2) If you see the stem part of Vallarai keerai not getting grind then you can discard it.