|Tinday ki sabzi/Tinda masala|
Tinday ki sabzi/Tinda masala is a tasty north Indian sabzi that can be prepared easily. The other names of Tinda are Apple gourd, Indian baby pumpkin and Indian round gourd.
The tender tinda will not have much of seeds but the mature ones might have black seeds inside. It is always better to buy tender ones, if you happen to see one or two mature ones with black seeds then remove the seeds while chopping them.
- 6-7 Tindas
- 2 Onions (finely chopped)
- 3 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- According to taste Salt
1) Peel the outer skin of Tinda and chop them vertically as shown in picture.
2) Heat oil in a kadai and add cumin seeds to crackle. Next add onions and fry till light brown.
3) Add tomatoes and fry till get cooked.
4) Now add tinda and mix well.
5) Add 2 cups of water and close it with a lid to cook in medium flame.
6) After the tinda gets cooked, add salt, garam masala, turmeric powder, chilli powder and leave it to boil for few more minutes.
4) After 15 mins, switch off the flame. Tasty and healthy Tinda sabzi is ready.
1) You can also add few amchur/dry mango powder if you would prefer till sour taste.
2) Garnishing with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves gives a nice flavour.
The video for step by step procedure: