Curd Vermicelli/Thayir Semiya/Mosaru Shavige is a Quick and Yummy Break fast recipe for Busy Mornings. Also it goes well from Lunch box to a Party menu.
- 1 cup Vermicelli/Semiya/Shavige
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Water (adjust according to Vermicelli)
- 3/4 cup Curd
- 1/2 Carrot (Grated)
- As per taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- A small piece Hing
1) Heat Oil+Ghee in a kadai and add Mustard seeds to Crackle. Then add hing and roast it. I have used Bar Hing alternatively you can also use the powder variety too.
2) Now add Semiya/Vermicelli/Shavige and fry till it changes light brown in colour.
3) Add 1 cup of water and keep stirring in low flame. Once Vermicelli is half cooked absorbing all water add 1 cup milk and mix well.
4) After Vermicelli is cooked well absorbing all milk, add grated carrot, Salt and mix them.
5) Swtich off the flame and leave it to cool down for few minutes. Then add Curd and mix well.
Yummy Curd Vermicelli is ready....
1) I have made Plain Curd Semiya for Breakfast. You can also add lots of other Ingredients according to your taste, like Finely chopped Green chillies, Finely chopped Onions, Finely chopped Ginger, Cashews, Raisins, fresh grapes, Curry leaves, Coriander leaves, Pomegranate seeds.
1) You can avoid ghee and add full oil as per your choice.