Paneer Butter Masala is one of the Delicious dish that grabs its special place in Party menus.
If you think of making any gravy with paneer, first thing that comes to mind is Paneer butter masala as it is easy to cook and so yummy. I always prefer to make paneer at home instead of buying from stores as it is fresh and preservative free. And I have already posted the recipe to make Paneer at home.
- 1 cup Cubed Paneer/Indian Cottage cheese
- 4 Medium size Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 1 inch length Ginger (Skin peeled and chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 tbsp Fresh cream
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Kasuri methi/Dried fenugreek leaves
- As per taste Salt
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
1) Grind Tomatoes and Ginger to smooth paste and keep aside.
2) Heat 3 tbsp Butter in a kadai/Pan in low flame (Maintain low flame as it might turn brown easily), add Cumin seeds, Bay leaf and fry.
3) Add Ground paste and fry till the tomato purée gets cooked and leaves oil on the sides.
4) Add Spice powders, Salt and mix well.
5) Add Fresh cream and mix again.
6) Now add enough water and leave it to boil for few mins.
7) Next add Paneer cubes and leave it to boil for 5 minutes.
8) Crush kasurimethi with your palms and add it. Let it boil for few more minutes.
9) Finally add remaining butter and switch off the flame.
1) Garnishing with fresh Coriander leaves gives nice flavour.
2) You can also add 1 tbsp of Cashew paste to get the richness.
3) You can also mix oil and butter at Step 2, if you prefer not to cook completely in butter.